Sunday, August 5, 2012

Juicing

Orange and Carrot Juice
Carrots, kale, Green Apple and Strawberry Juice


I learned about Juicing a few years ago watching infomercials. I became really interested when I stumbled upon while browsing my Netflix recommendations. It was called Fat Sick and Nearly Dead. I was surprised to watch his transition from being over weight and sick with a skin condition to being a healthy eating and active man. It forced me to look at my own eating habits and what I was feeding my family. Once I was done watching the film, I quickly told my husband and friends to check it out!

This is Joe Cross in the movie. You'll see him change.

I also learned from the film, that doing a juice fast can help to heal your insides. Give your cells a chance to rebuild and heal your body. When we eat several times a day our body is constantly working to break down all of the food we eat. I've read in a few places that red meat alone takes up to 72hrs to be digested. So a juice fast for 24hrs would really help your body. Juicing can also be an added meal or snack. It has all the vitamins and nutrients needed for your body. Try juicing in the mornings and you will feel an immediate change. Your skin, hair and energy level will go up!

Kale, Collard Greens, Green Apple Juice




Another movie, that I would highly recommend for you all to watch is Forks Over Knives. You can watch it on Netflix as well. It documents a few people who have diabetes and other illnesses and how a doctor has been doing research for most of career on the benefits of eating whole and raw foods. This video helps to show how important vegetables/fruits are and not meat is to our diet.





One of the doctors patient, he lost weight eating fruits/veggies only.

Remember you don't have to quit your unhealthy lifestyle cold turkey! If there is something that you wish to remove from your diet you can start off with that one. Simply replace it with one healthy meal idea or habit. You can do it and happy juicing!

No comments:

Post a Comment